Inside Sales Sherpa – MySherpa®
|Posted: February 2014
Reports to: Sales Manager Sherpa
We can’t climb a mountain alone.
Even the most experienced climbers enlist the help of Sherpa guides, elite mountaineers with the strength and expertise to lead their customers to the top of any mountain. And when faced with the daunting task of keeping computer systems and networks running smoothly, even the savviest business people often feel like they’re staring at a mile-high cliff.
Our customers need a strong Sherpa sales guide to help them to start the climb up the mountain. Is that you?
The successful candidate will conduct outbound phone sales calls to business owners and their CFOs; creating and developing relationships with the goal of setting fruitful first-time appointments for their Outside Sales Sherpa teammates.
This candidate will be comfortable with business-to-business outbound call campaigns and will have a consistent record of meeting sales goals. The ideal candidate for this position is naturally inquisitive, positive, resilient, comfortable and experienced selling by phone.
If you enjoy inside sales and have a history of success in this type of role and see yourself in the Sherpa role then please apply for this position. Please do not apply if keeping commitments, taking initiative, owning problems and doing what you promise, with a can-do attitude, is not your style.
- Set quality appointments for outside sales
- Generate new business opportunities to maintain a full sales pipeline
- Maintain an accurate, up to date database of leads, contacts and accounts
- Research to identify key contacts and decision makers at targeted companies via: LinkedIn, online publications, and purchased lists
- Communicate with the sales team regarding target accounts
- Effectively use CRM and lead generation tools to maximize productivity
- Nurture the warm prospect list to generate demand and interest
- Enjoys sales
- Professional, upbeat, happy – always wears a smile
- Listens for understanding
- Inquisitive; able to ask great questions
- Competitive & goal oriented
- Intelligent, mature & confident
- Resilient, even if something does not go as planned
- Seeks and applies new knowledge
- Excellent listening for understanding skills
- Lead generation experience with solid understanding of the sales process and ability to achieve goals
- Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and use of the Internet
- CRM proficient: Salesforce.com
- Skill to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers
- 2+ years outbound B2B telephone marketing or inside sales experience
- Position requires after hours networking
BA/BAS degree required plus 2+ years of related sales experience.
- Positive and fun company culture
- Consistent 20%+ annual growth, 3+ years
- 13th year in business
- Recognized by the Business Community: Award winning
2009 Entrepreneur of the Year Award New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
2009 Entrepreneur of the Year Award Delaware Valley Entrepreneur’s Association
2009 and 2005 Superstars in Business Excellence Award from the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
2009 Member of the Year from the Heartland Technology Group
2009, 2008 and 2007 Reader’s Choice Award from the Delaware News Journal